Monday, April 19, 2010

Walking Pneumonia: It zaps energy both physical and knit-ical. ;)

 "The Knitting Basket" by Nora Kasten

Wow, I can't believe it has only been a month since I have posted.  It seems like it has been forever!  Let's just say walking pneumonia is harder to get over than one would think.  I have been dealing with it off and on since November, and I thought I was over it...then I started getting sick again the weekend of Easter.  That Monday I had to go to the doctor and found out it was still walking pneumonia.  Sheesh!  I could hardly belive it!  Well,  more meds and lots of rest...Yesterday I went forward at church for prayer and now today I have more energy than I have had in a long time.  Thank you Jesus!!!

Well, I would like to say that I have been making tons of wonderful knitting garments during this time, but unfortunately, that is not the case.  Most of the time, all I have felt like doing is resting, and I had to kind of ration my energy for the most essential tasks of the day.  (Taking care of Cosette, cooking, cleaning up our dishes, and watering the garden.)  Other than that, I slept and, you guessed it,  rested.  I did occasionally knit a little, specifically while waiting for hours in the doctors' offices. I knitted on the neck warmer that I still haven't gotten to tell you about (but will soon) and at home I knitted a dishcloth.

Conversation about Knitting
While knitting at the doctor's office, I got into a really neat conversation about knitting with a man, about my age, which was surprising.  We were sitting there for a while when he finally said that he was intrigued, couldn't take it any longer, and had to ask what I was knitting.  Apparently his family likes to knit stockings,  and he was trying to figure out if that is what I was knitting.  I told him about the neck warmer that I was knitting, and about the one that I knitted for my husband.  We talked for a while about knitting, sewing, and being creative in general.  He had asked his girl friend to get him a sewing machine for Christmas, which he got, and he is now using it for his current project, which is re-upholstering his boat seats.  It was a nice conversation.

I miss Knitting!
All in all, I have mostly started to re-forge a desire to knit again,  and I have been thinking of all the luscious yarn in my stash, just waiting to be unearthed and knitted into beautiful garments and luxurious textiles.  The beautiful hues of teal, fuschia, purple, creme, and vintage sea foam green are beckoning me, calling me, to twirl them into the wondrous fabric that we all know so well.  Ahh, stretchy garter stitch, and Ooh, silky smooth stockinette...The patterns that I have thumbed through, and dreamed over, now flip through my head, as I make mental notes and plans for my future projects.  I also have been thinking about the projects that I have already started, and have been building my desire to finish them, as well.  Soon,  my needles shall be clicking full speed ahead once again! 

Stitches South-This weekend!!!
I think it will all come to a wonderful apex this weekend,  when my Mom and I will make our first pilgrimage to Stitches South!  Wow!  It will be my first knitting festival, and I plan to indulge in the vast array of fiber that will surround me, delighting my sixths sense, (you know, the knitting sense). I can just see myself picking up hanks of wool, alpaca, and angora, and enjoying their soft plys as I dream more and more about what I will knit.  I will be using my $20 birthday gift from my husband there this weekend, so I will definitely have to be picky and choosy, but I can hardly wait!  Just taking it all in will be a wonderful experience, one that will be a first for both my Mom and Me.  Of course,  I will tell you how it goes.  But for now...I must go and rest!  :)

Have a great night,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment