Friday, September 10, 2010

Wonderful News!!!



Well, we have moved and are finally settled in!  Our kitchen, living room, den, bathroom and bedrooms are now live-able and comfortable.  We still have more to do in them regarding decorating and details, but they are neat and inviting, so I am happy!  There are still a few rooms to work in, but we will gradually get those finished as well. 

I haven't been able to pick up my knitting at all, which is about to drive me nuts!  My knitting is scattered throughout the house, so hopefully sometime soon I can consolidate and organize it.  At least I did pack it up well, so I don't have to worry about the condition of it.  I must finish Cosette's sweater and start on a shawl and Christmas presents ASAP!

Wonderful News!

I have been so busy that I haven't even gotten to tell you about my wonderful news!  I noticed that on KnitPicks they have really neat patterns for only $1.99 that were written by independent designers.  I thought that it was really neat that people could put their patterns on there and so I read about the program.  The designers retain all the rights to the pattern, and they get 100% of the profits.  I thought the program sounded like it was really fair and a great opportunity.  So, I decided that I would send them my pattern idea with pictures of Nathan's neck warmer that I made him for Valentine's Day.   (Here it is on Ravelry.)

They were interested!  They sent me some of their yarn so that I could knit up a sample, Knitpicks' Swish Worsted in Allspice.  The yarn is great!  It is 100% wool, but is very soft.  After I finished knitting the neck warmer, I loved trying it on!  (I was only hoping that if all else failed, they would send the neck warmer back to me so I could wear it this winter!  The yarn feels luxurious!)  I took notes and pictures during the knitting and sewing process.  Then, afterwards I typed up a pattern.

After finishing everything, I sent it all in to Knitpicks and began waiting for a response.  It turns out that they liked it and decided to include it on their website!!!  Here is the link if you want to check it out on KnitPicks.  I would love to hear what you think!

Here are more pictures of the neck warmer which show the different ways that you can wear it:





This is the first pattern that I have designed, and it is very simple.  However, you can wear the neck warmer in many ways; and it can be knit for men, women, and children.  You can also use any type of yarn, such as wool, cotton, etc.  Change up the texture by using tweed.  It all depends on the look and feel you are going for.

Please let me know what you think!  I am super excited about it!

I had better go for now.  I hope that you are all knitting away and getting excited about the Fall!  Pumpkins, fall colors, golden leaves crunching under your feet, brisk breeze on your face, beautiful mountain scenes...  I love the fall and can hardly wait for it to arrive and to curl up in an afghan and knit away!

Happy Knitting!
Faith

2 comments:

  1. I saw your Neck Warmer on Knit Picks and just loved it. Then I read your little bio on there and my heart was knitted together with you. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Kay, that's so sweet! I read your bio on here and we have a lot in common! I still have so much to learn about home schooling, though, and am really just starting out. My husband was homeschooled, so I know what you mean about that being "priceless." I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. I think people get really defensive when they aren't homeschooling and hear that you are. First of all, I don't judge people that don't homeschool, but, the sad truth is, they are missing out on so many blessings. My daughter just turned 3 and she knows so much, and we are about to start more formal preschool with her here at home soon. I know she is going to sore very high. She is so smart. This time with her is definitely priceless, and time that can never be replaced. :)

    ReplyDelete